Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Rush

This is my first Christmas as a knitter and WOW! What a rush!!!! Who knew that it would be so tough to get everything knitted that one wants to get knitted? I certainly wasn't expecting this pressure that I feel. It's all good really, just trying to get so much done in so little time. I am afraid I am not going to make it, and it stinks! Ah well, at least I have an understanding family haha... They won't hold it against me if their handmade with love Christmas presents don't quite make it by Christmas.

I have also been busy knitting for swaps and such, I just finished this dishcloth last night and I LOVE it, I was a bit sad to send it out in the mail but hope that the receipent like it as much as I do.
Tonight is the Knitting Guild Christmas party and I have been busy getting a gift together for that as well. I didn't knit anything up but was sure inspired to knit something when shopping for the present. As a result I just HAD to purchase the yarn necessary for said project and CANNOT wait to get it started. It will be my first real lace project... I am going to make the Snowdrop Lace Scarf designed by Donna Arney, she is a guild member so that is pretty cool. I sure hope I can do it justice. Here is a picture of what I hope to make and the yarn that I am going to make it with.

I am also working on a few other projects... I will update more later, gotta get back to work.

Happy Holiday Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment