Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Preemie Hat #4

I have finished preemie hat #4, but this is the first one that I am not happy with. I used the pattern I found on Ravelry for "Ellen's Ruffled Hat" but mine SO does not look like that! I used Plymouth Dreambaby DK yarn and I fear that was my mistake... I am going to try to wash it and see if it shrinks up a little, but if I am not happy I am afraid I am going to have to redo my preemie hat #4!.

Does anyone out there have any tips for me as to why this went bad? I used the needles that it called for, I also used a DK weight yarn as the pattern called for, but it just didn't work so well... It is almost too loose. The decreases at the top are REALLY loose and have big holes, but I didn't drop any stitches. I just don't know and need some advice. Really, would the fact that the yarn is 50% acrylic microfiber and 50% nylon make the difference? See the pictures below :)


This knitter needs advice... and it is MUCH APPRECIATED...

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment