Thursday, October 22, 2009

Living up to my title

Yep, I have been knitting! Granted not as much as I would like to be knitting but alas that is life sometimes. That's right sometimes life throws some curve balls your way and you have to take a day or two off from knitting, okay... so I haven't done that yet, but life has thrown a few curve balls my way! I am going to show off some of the things I have finished. :)
Here is my "Around About" bag found on Ravelry, it is an AmyBel bag and I LOVE IT!!! I have actually bought 1/2 of the wool needed for the next bag I plan on making. Don't tell anyone this but I had this bag "finished" in mid September and was too scared to felt it because it was my first time! It sat in my closet, my knitting closet that is, until last Wednesday when I finally got the courage to put it in the machine to felt it. I love how it turned out, felting was SOOO easy and I am so very glad I finally got the courage up to do it.
Here is Preemie hat #5, I have to say this is my favorite hat so far! I just love the way it knit up. The yarn is Bernat Baby Jacquard in case anyone is wondering. I am actually going to make one for Olivia in her size because I like it so much. I was just tickled pink with how it turned out.
I finished this dishcloth tonight for a swap I am doing on Ravelry. It is supposed to go out by Sunday so I got it done in the time :). I have to say that I haven't had to concentrate on my knitting as much as I have with this pattern. But I had fun doing it.

Okay... I know this isn't knitting but it is knitting related! My awesome day care provider has been de-stashing my way and I am so so grateful, especially since Mike has put me on a yarn diet the bum, anyway that I have been dying to repay her somehow and I know that she likes pink and she says that you can never have to many knitting notions (I agree) so I made her a set of six pink and white jeweled stitch markers. I was so happy with those that I kept on going and made a bunch more for myself and/or friends. I am actually thinking seriously about selling some at a craft bazaar with my day care provider. They were so easy and fun to make, not to mention in-expensive. What do you think? Would you buy some stitch markers like these if they were the right price?

I am now working on Preemie hat #6, my first blue one. It is knitting up cute and should be finished soon. Possibly even tonight if I am able to pull away from Grey's Anatomy enough. I am also working on my first lace scarf, although it is using worsted weight yarn and size 8 needles, but I am getting the concept down! There are some tricky stitches in lace and I have to concentrate on that pretty hard too. I guess not everything knits up as fast as a preemie hat huh?
Anyway, I promised an update and update I did! :) Till next time...
Happy Knitting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment