Monday, September 14, 2009

Oh no... not already

This was NOT something I wanted to do so soon into my blogging journey but darn it, I can't figure this out and it is frustrating!!!

What is wrong?

I am yarn dumb, that is what is wrong....

I am wanting to start another preemie hat and THOUGHT I had some good yarn to do so, well, that is what I get for thinking! Apparently the yarn that I have which is a 3 ply baby yarn is NOT the same as the Bernat yarn that I used for the first hat. The problem I have is, well I have a few problems actually, starts with the gauge. I have a pattern I want to use but I have no idea how to adjust this pattern to fit the yarn that I want to use. I must have cast on 4 different times tonight and frogged every single one. I really want to use this yarn given I got a killer deal on it (see yesterdays post) and I have 2 1/2 skeins of it.

Oh well... I guess I will just move on, but as many people already know moving on and myself do not get along... I am so the type of person who is pretty darn determined to make something work and sometimes I won't even go to bed until it is good. Unfortunately I cannot do that this evening as I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow. So I will have to scour Ravelry for a different pattern that I CAN use this yarn for and keep the yarn that I already know works for the pattern that I already have.

If anyone out there wants to give the yarn dumb a lesson or some direction feel free, I am up for comments. :)

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment